Terms and Conditions of Ovencor
• Your appointment is held just for you, if you need to cancel or reschedule any appointment, out of courtesy, please provide us with at least 72-hour notice. This way, we will be able to adjust our schedule accordingly and we may be able to accommodate other customers.
• We do, of course, understand that unavoidable issues come up and will do our best to work with you in case of an emergency.
• Please understand that it is your responsibility to remember your appointment date and time. You are always welcome to call and double check any appointments if you’re unsure.
• We will always try our best to accommodate you if you’re running behind, stuck in traffic, etc. We too run late from time to time as we cannot determine the condition of the previous job before yours, however we will always call if we expect a change in the arrival time.
• The customer is responsible for providing suitable access and parking to the property at the scheduled time.
• Any parking costs will be added to the price of our service on the day of your appointment.
• We reserve the right to refuse to park our vehicle in an area where any potential fine or penalty may be applied, or any area that may be deemed hazardous to our operatives, as a proportion of our service is carried out in our vehicle and we will not put our operatives in any danger whilst parked on any public road. We understand that this may not be in our customers control and will happily rearrange the appointment without charge to another day, when access to parking is more likely to be available if this is the case.
What we need
• Ovencor provide all cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment necessary to carry out the service.
• The customer must provide hot running water, electricity/gas, and sufficient light and (where applicable) we may need to turn off electricity at any point during the clean which may affect your general household.
• All appliances must be fully functional at time of appointment; our service requires the heating of your appliance, if we are unable to do this we may not be able to carry out the clean effectively.
• If you have booked an AGA, Rayburn, Redfyre or Stanley cooker to be cleaned, please ensure you switch it off or set the heat to minimum, preferably 48 hours before the clean is conducted, in order for us to clean it without any risk of injury. We will advise this at time of booking.
• Whilst we carry out our work in your kitchen, this area becomes our workplace. As part of our risk assessments we ask that children and pets are kept away, of course we cannot enforce this, however we do utilise hand tools that may cause harm in the wrong hands. We will do everything we can to avoid this but cannot be held liable for pets or children if left unattended in our workplace.
• Ovencor reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a service in cases where an accident or any unexpected circumstances have befallen the assigned operative.
• We reserve the right to refuse any cleaning job if the condition of the property is hazardous to the health and wellbeing of our operatives.
• If we conclude the appliance to be in such severe condition, we reserve the right to:
o Refuse the cleaning job
o Refuse due to safety, for example: harden soiled areas, may cause cleaning blades to snap and fly off and cause injury
o Increase the price of any cleaning job, due to the extended time and additional cleaning products required.
o Reschedule the appointment, so that the appropriate cleaning duration is allocated.
o In some rare instances, we may advise it to be more beneficial for the customer to invest in a new appliance.
• Ovencor reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the customer's original requirements change or upon inspection.
• Immediate payment is required by the customer, on the completion of the work or forthcoming invoice. Either cash, cheque or online bank transfer is suitable.
• Customers will be reminded of any outstanding payments/invoices, although if the payment is not completed within 7 days of the cleaning job; Ovencor reserves the right to seek efficient, effective and fair debt recovery procedures.
• Cleaning will not remove scratches, chips, defects in the enamel or scorch marks.
• Ovencor shall not be held responsible for damage caused by the quality of the appliance, if the damage was not detected during a professional inspection prior to the appliance cleaning (e.g. damage as a result of loose knobs or handles, damaged seals and other hidden defects) or if our operatives are unable to detect this in the course of their professional inspection.
• Although every care will be taken during the cleaning of your appliance(s) it has been our experience that in case of heavily used or older ovens typically over 7 years old, some fittings can be very difficult to remove from the appliance in order to achieve our very high standards of cleanliness. Therefore we feel obliged to advise you, in advance, that problems do occasionally arise. Fittings can become brittle from a combination of age and heat. We may not be able to remove all fittings from your appliance should this be the case.
• Older ovens are ovens 7 years old or more, all customers requesting our cleaning services for older ovens accept and understand that we hold no responsibility for any cleaning fluid or materials entering cracks in element/s not visible to the naked eye but already present before cleaning operations commence. Customers must be aware that, should this happen, it is possible for the element/s to fail when subsequently used. Our Operatives take all reasonable precautions to prevent this happening but cannot be held liable for subsequent element failure following an oven clean. Should we believe an issue may be present with any element/s within your appliance we will first highlight this issue to you prior to carrying out our service, we may also have to complete a “dry clean” above such elements to avoid getting them wet, a dry clean service on the panel/s above or behind any element may not result in the same standard as the rest of the appliance, but our operatives will do their upmost to ensure the highest standard of clean possible.
• All our terms and conditions apply.
• Quotes: We will always either request photos to be sent or arrange to visit the commercial site, to ensure our quote is specific and correct for the work required.
• The commercial customer must provide an email address, within 24 hours of receiving photos or the site visit the customer will receive an official quote by email.
• Once an appointment is booked, the customer is agreeing to this quote amount.
Liability & Insurance
• Any work undertaken by us is covered by a Public Liability Insurance policy.
• We shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the customer arising from or in any way connected with accidental damage to a oven over 7 years old or an oven that has been neglected in any way by the customer, or which may be suffered or incurred by the cleaning process of the oven.
• Refund and compensation claims will not be considered once the cleaning service has been carried out. All services shall be deemed to have been completed to the customer’s satisfaction unless notice is received, with details of the complaint within 24 hours of the work being completed.
• We will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve the issue. We have no wish for unhappy customers and we will do our upmost to please.
• If you are unhappy simply contact us to discuss the issue.
• The customer agrees to inspect the work immediately after its completion and to draw the operative’s attention to any outstanding cleaning issues while they are still on site. The operatives will carry out any such additional work to the Customer’s complete satisfaction, prior to leaving.
• In case of damage caused by our operatives, Ovencor will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired Ovencor will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value towards a replacement upon payment of the cleaning services rendered.
• Ovencor does not support any attempt to commit insurance fraud or any use of false information to commit any type of fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law together by Ovencor and the Insurance Providers(s). Monetary compensation as well as legal fees may be incurred.
• Any attempts to provide any false in inaccurate information to provide financial gain or replacement product will be reported to the local authorities and insurance companies, with all evidence we have collected.
• We comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, any database hold will not be shared to any third parties.